Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Big Pineapple, Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia



In 2008 we took 5 of the 7 little Aussies (2 were not yet born in 2008) to the Gold Coast, pretty much because they were rather young still, loved the Wiggles and had learned thanks to an ad on TV there was a Wiggles World in Queensland. We were lucky enough to score some very cheap airfares and so though why not? Might as well keep the youngsters happy and it had been a very long time since I had visited Queensland myself, I think I was 8.

I had remembered going to the Big Pineapple as a child on the only ever 'proper' holiday I went on with my parents, so was some what keen to go back. By 'proper' holiday, I mean the only holiday I ever went on as a child that didn't involve tents or a relatives house. We also had family staying up on the Sunshine Coast so we were able to catch up with them also. They found a lot to entertain them, were completely fascinated with the big, oversized pineapple, which had things to look at and read on the inside of it. We then took a train ride around the plantation, in which it was explained to us how they grew the pineapples and macadamias. We finished off with a tour around the animal farm, which is always a huge hit with little kids and a meal in the food court.
 
 
  
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment